FoodShare: Hunger relief in action
This Summer, Starbucks is investing directly in programs to help bridge the summer hunger gap that affect millions of families across the U.S. We are investing $1.5 million in 17 food banks; this will enable the deployment of mobile pantries to bring meals to families where they are – in their neighborhoods. Tackling the issue of summer hunger is an extension of our commitment to supporting communities through our FoodShare program. In partnership with Feeding America, we have donated over 15M nourishing, ready-to-eat meals to our neighbors in need.
The Goal: In a response to requests from partners to donate our surplus food, Starbucks is leading a national effort to provide nourishing, ready to eat meals to the 1 in 8 Americans impacted by hunger.
Milestones To Date:
- 15 million meals rescued
- 30 million pounds of C02 diverted
How You Can Help
- Volunteer at your local Feeding America food bank to help relieve hunger in your community
Proud to SupportLearn More Read more about the FoodShare on Starbucks Stories. Here are a few to get you started:
- 10 million people fed through Starbucks FoodShare program
- Starbucks named one of world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company
- Starbucks Leads Nationwide Effort to Donate Food